The Palmetto State School Counselor Association (PSSCA) is awarding mini-grants to South Carolina school counselors to provide programs and activities to enhance the delivery of a comprehensive school counseling program in South Carolina elementary, middle, and high schools. Our goal is to identify best practices by providing funding to enhance comprehensive school counseling programs in elementary, middle and high schools in South Carolina.
Mini-grants Overview of Funding
Mini-grants will be offered for SC School Counselors to provide funding for implementation of activities and programs mirroring the ASCA National Model Standards. Allowable expenses include presenter costs, incentives, curriculum materials, food, printing, and other related materials. Traveling, lodging, and any forms of technology are not allowable expenses.
● There is a maximum amount available of $500.00 to be awarded to a sole winner or school counseling department depending on the requested amounts and quality of applications.
● Proposals are due by March 31st at 11:59 p.m. to be awarded the following school year.
● Proposals will be reviewed by the PSSCA Awards Committee.
● Award recipients will be notified by April 30th and then funding will be distributed for use thereafter.
● Recipient must be a current member of PSSCA and a SC School Counselor.
● Recipient must complete all questions below and the Budget Worksheet
● Recipient must demonstrate the positive impact on his or her school counseling program
● Recipient must agree to write an article for thePSSCA Newsletter (ex. about grant or counseling program) or present a session at PSSCA conference.
● Consent to Release: Acceptance of PSSCA Mini-Grant funds constitutes permission to use winner’s name, school, city, state, and winning entry for promotional purposes. Contest entry constitutes permission to PSSCA website and social media without further compensation. Furthermore, entry constitutes permission to archive your winning entries indefinitely on any webpage on the PSSCA website.
How will the applications be scored?
PSSCA will define a scoring rubric for applications. Review will be based on specific criteria listed in this application and scored using the scoring rubric. Awards will be based on the four highest scoring applications. PSSCA may require revision of grant proposals and budget prior to approval, award, or release of funds. Decisions on funding and awarding of grants shall be final. Funding may be partial. If funded and you do not meet the requirements you will be asked to return the funds.
Please find the application below:
If you have any questions or issues with accessing the application,
please feel free to contact me at email@example.com